Dictionaries: look up words and learn
Dictionarieslook up words and learn
Not every dictionary is as good as the next one! The best reference tools offer a precise definition and also sample sentences and synonyms. We've found exactly these kinds of dictionaries for… more
you and organized them in the list below.
- Learn correct pronunciation when you look up word!
- Use dictionaries on your PC or smartphone!
The best Spanish ↔ English dictionaries:
Filter links by:
- The dict.cc dictionary presents translations of the search term in a clear and readable way. You are also shown synonyms as well as related words and phrases.
- This nicely-designed dictionary provides an easy-to-use interface and provides you with correct translations of your search term! In addition, you can view further sentences and constructions containing the search term. Use the free
Ultralingua - Concise and HelpfulA simple but clear dictionary that provides a translation of the search term along with some related phrases and expressions.
Bab.la Dictionary - More than just a TranslationOn bab.la you can view more than just the translation of a search term: you can also listen to the pronunciation, view synonyms, and read example sentences to help you memorise the vocabulary.
Linguee - Understand Words in ContextLinguee searches through several million translated texts to help you find a correct translation of your search term. View the translations containing the search term to understand the word or phrase in a natural context.
- If it's not in this dictionary, it's not Spanish! Learn vocabulary with this purely Spanish dictionary from the official institution responsible for overseeing the Spanish language, the Real Academia Española. Learn vocabulary in an authentic context.
Freeware dictionaries for download
LingoPad - Convenient Offline Learning (Windows)This multilingual freeware dictionary for Windows can be used without an internet connection! After installing the program you can set up the Spanish dictionary by clicking on the dictionary symbol in the menu bar. The Spanish dictionary contains over 19,000 words and 28,000 references. You can look up the contents of your copy clipboard using the keyboard shortcut Alt + F12, which allows you to use LingoPad efficiently with other programs!
Lingoes - Get Translations Across ProgramsFree dictionaries for 43 languages are waiting for you! After installing the Lingoes program you can choose which dictionaries you would like to add. In the program settings you can enable the option to translate words in other programs with a simple keyboard shortcut (see instructions in the
Do you know of other free learning resources, that could be in this list? Share them with us. Thanks!